Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 September 2010

Non Work Pastimes

Well, I've been quiet for a while, long story, I must tell you it some time.

But last night, I went out for a meal with my wife, for our anniversary and we went to RED in Newry. We've eaten here before from the early bird menu and it has been good, but last night we decided to enjoy a meal and hang the cost. We both had a starter and a main and we shared a bottle of very nice Chilean Syrah and the total cost was around £65, which was very reasonable I thought.

The standard of the food was absolutely excellent, I had a sea-food evening with crab as starter and skillet roasted prawns as my main, and my wife had a goats cheese starter and a sirloin steak, and we both really enjoyed the food. The service was excellent too and all-in-all we both had a very enjoyable meal in pleasant surroundings.

So if you are in Newry, try RED. Their early-bird menu is also very good, so no excuse!

No comments:

Post a Comment